View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #5
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Re: 98 project freshen up

it appears to be a nice truck..so my wife is like 5'2" and like all my 4wd trucks had an issue with climbing in.. I guess when you have to try and do a rockettes kick to put your foot in the truck and drag your butt up into the seat once you've hit 50 it gets a little strenuous, and she was objecting to me coming behind her and well grabbing her bottom and giving her a shove, so she asked me if I would consider getting some step bars or something to make it easier on her, so I ordered the black Westin nerf bars from my buddy .
Of course no good deed goes unpunished as the drivers side went in like butter.. bolts came out of the body mounts without any hassle but both bolts on the passenger side snapped on the passenger side.
I pulled that seat and carpet kit out of the other truck so I said to hell with it and we removed the interior of this truck as we had to access the nuts that held the body mounts in to get the old body bolts out. Of course nothing worked except a torch and at least I was lucky enough to have a new set of tanks
Attached Images

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote