View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 07:55 PM   #56
84blaze

Re: Project: Patina (1949 Chevrolet 1434)

Thanks dudes!

Sorry for the lack of progress on this rig over the last little bit here.

I'm still collecting parts and pieces but I made some big progress in the last little while.

I bought another set of box sides, rear fenders, and a passenger side running board for a decent price so not I basically have 2 complete trucks when it comes time to sell the left overs it should be a bit easier.

I scored a set of 17x10 Foose Nitrous 2 piece wheels off the local classifieds for cheap. The plan is to buy a front pair and run blazer brakes rather than the C5 vette brakes. Should look pretty gnarly with some big meat out back. :tup:

I also bought a couple 5.3 LS engines. Ones in a 2008 with factory 243 heads and 4L60e trans and the other is an older 5.3 with a DBW TB it came with a computer and MAF for mega cheap so I scooped it up. Neither have a harness which is too bad but I'm sure I can find one eventually.

From my understanding the truck 243 heads flow thr same as the corvette 243s except they don't have the sodium filled valves. Correct me if im wrong.

I also got this desk with the deal. I plan to put a metal top and use it in the garage.

Older 5.3

I'm still looking for some good mounts for the LS engine in the S10 chassis. With AD engineering going out of business I'm at a loss. I'm not sure I want to go with Code 504s brackets due to the design of them. If anyone has some ADEngineering LS brackets lying around please let me know so I can buy them off you!! If you have them and don't want to sell them I would greatly appreciate some measurements taken of them so I can try to replicate them.
84blaze is offline   Reply With Quote