Thread: Best Dash Pad?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #22
Mathew21

Re: Best Dash Pad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennepickup View Post
Hi everyone, this is Anthony with Cheyenne Pickup Parts. We have been making these dash pads since the early 90s and I have never had problems with flexing, cracking or splitting. I have on in my 84 crew cab that I installed in 1995, it has always lived outside in Oklahoma weather which is 100+ in the summer and below zero in the winters. It still looks the same as it did 23 years ago.
When we designed our reproductions we made them with an ABS backer instead of the metal ones like GM did because they allow the vinyl to move and so it doesn't crack. ABS is the same material we make our fan shrouds with, so you can imagine the temperatures it can handle. We tried not to replicate the known flaw of cracking in the original metal backed ones.
Urethane, like some other dashes are made with, would have been less expensive but it fogs the windshield and that is why we used vinyl.
There is no trimming to install our dashes. Check out our video on youtube or see it from our website cheyennepickup.com. We did not edit out any parts of the installation. The video is 16 minutes and I am explaining for most of that time. I have heard from many shops that they can install our pad in 10 minutes and we have many shops that are repeat customers as they use our pads on all their trucks.

There was a time someone was claiming to have our dash pad using our ad on several different websites. They claimed they had over 100 of them. I know they weren't mine because I did not sell to that person, and I know that they sold a bunch of dashes that way. I worked very hard to get that shut down. I do not know what dash they sold, I only know it wasn't mine.
I hope this helps everyone out.
You sold me I will be ordering one from you soon.