View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 07:43 PM   #9
hatzie

Re: New To Me '03 Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
Every time I gas up my '71 GMC Jimmy, somebody wants to buy it.

I'm less concerned about paint, right now, than the electric window switches and power rear view mirror controls.

Sometimes the window switches get finnicky, and don't respond, or respond the next day when I don't want them
And yesterday, I accidently touched the RVM controller. When I got the D/S set up, it went screwy on rocking the switch to the RH to readjust the P/S.
I miss the West Coast Jr mirrors, like on my '68 C/10, that I could bump into place, and tighten up with a crescent wrench.

Another glitch is all the door locks pop open when I put the shifter in Park. Then I have to check 5 out of 6 doors for security.

The oil on the dipstick looks clean. The PO told me she had had the oil changed, but I get a CHANGE ENGINE OIL banner in the odometer slot. Also CHECK WIPER FLUID. And DRIVER 1 would be the PO. How do I reset that?

Selecting doors unlock in Park or Key out is an option setting in the Driver Information Centre menus. You can also change to driver only or all doors unlock using the FOB.

You need the owner manual. It'll tell you how to deal with Driver 1 & 2 as well.
https://www.chevymanuals.org/2003-ch...owners-manual/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post

This how bad it was before I used the wire wheel.

The roof had no paint left.

Primer coat

One bonus was that the bed liner finish hides minor hail dents and body imperfections.

I added the aluminum wheels off a HD 800 series pickup, I think they look good on a van. I was going to flip the thing but started to really like it so I use it for my work van.
My family makes fun of me because I'm retired and they don't think I need a work van! But I'm the first one they call when they need a handyman!
I don't know if I would do it again, it was a lot of work.
Greg
The white bedliner turned out great.

Hail vehicles can be great rigs. I've had several I picked up from Oklahoma and Texas auctions.
They were excellent mechanically but the outside hood, roof, and trunk lid looked a bit like a golf ball.
The outside is for other people. When I'm driving, I have to look at the inside not the outside so I keep that nice. :-)
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.

Last edited by hatzie; 03-18-2024 at 07:52 PM.
hatzie is offline   Reply With Quote