View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 10:56 PM   #92
roger55

Re: Rear Brake Drum Dilemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by old cool View Post
Hey Roger. Hope you're still out there and willing to communicate. If so..great!
Hopefully my questions are simple and straight to the point.
1. Is your braking still in perfect working order with the 74 wagoneer drums from Orielly?
2. I have a 66 GMC with rear leafs and a dana 44. The build date was 1965. Yes, the drums are bigger than the front (depth about 3.5 inches). Sounds just like yours. If I have the center bored out to specs and the lug openings, will I need to do anything else? Your additional info on the emergency cable sounded like it has nothing to do with the drum working. That is, it was a mod you needed to make because the plate was incorrect.

Buy drums, have them machined, and put em on. Sound to good to be true.lol
Still here.

Yes, the Wagoneer drums work perfectly with the center hole machining and lug holes drilled out larger.
Go for it.

Right the e-brake cable issue doesn't have an effect on the drum working. But if you use the stock e-brake setup, you either have to have custom rear cables made (I suggest Inline Tube for that) or find as set of donor back plates and do what I did. Donor plates would be simple to come by at a wrecking yard. That style was use extensively over the years.
roger55 is offline   Reply With Quote