View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #11
skorpioskorpio

Re: Doesn't anyone like original Hickey Enterprises parts?

I think something that is being missed here is that Hickey was not Carroll Shelby, or a Hurst or a Yenko, he sold aftermarket parts, not GM licensed accesories, not parts universally available at GM dealerships, just aftermarket parts, and a lot of which he was simply a reseller for, not the originator of.

These parts would be points deductions in any car show that graded on originality. Whether they are original or not, I doubt would have any dramatic effect on a trucks resale value. The company is gone and so is the man, if there are heirs and they produced patents or other evidence to back up a claim they might have a case, if anyone really cares anymore, and I would guess that extensions and fees were never paid to extend those patents, if they existed at all, to be enforcable today.

Would it be different if the original molds were aquired and the parts produced from them by the foundry they were originally produced in by the heirs of the man and sold as exact replicas in every way with a certificate of authentication? The result would be the same devaluing of the "originals". Shelby did exactly that with his Cobras. So I guess I have to ask what is the real point?
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote