View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 09:06 PM   #37
gigamanx

Re: Starting a 52 Chevy 3100 Project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8man View Post
Nice deal on the motor.

I read Skymangs "how to" and it they say muratic acid to clean the frame of wax. I've not heard that diesel will cut it. Just something to consider.
I had a back and forth when I did my frame of the muriatic acid mess. I don't want to speak for skymangs, but I am not sure its an exact science. I used a couple of flap disks and my welds came out great. I tried the muriatic process and it was messy and made no difference to the outcome of the project. I only did one side of the frame before giving up and using a flap disk on the other side of the frame. Just go lightly on it.

Nice score on the engine. Make sure you get everything when you go pick it up. I made the mistake of not verifying my craigslist engine and spent another $2000 to get it to working condition in the truck. Having the matching transmission will help!

Post #622 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...632686&page=25

Good luck

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 06-23-2018 at 09:12 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote