View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #11
daveshilling

Re: 1956 GMC Suburban pickup now in my garage..so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
oh man, that thing looks needy. you don't want that bringing down your property value and getting the neighbors upset. better sell it to me, possibly for a loss just to clean up the place. lets say a couple hundred bucks including the trailer. I'll arrange payment and transport right away.
haha, just kidding of course. it looks awesome. great find. hope you can come up with the parts for a reasonable price.
do you know what the heater might be out of? not that it matters if it works. looks like it is supposed to be there. is the dash a gmc style or a chevy style?
plans? stock rebuild? upgrade to LS power? engine in it runs?
haha, my neighbors are pretty used to old trucks by now...I have a 56 Chevy in the driveway, and a 58 Apache in the garage next to the Suburban.

I have all the parts, fortunately, just need to send them off for chrome. The ONLY thing that is missing is the rarest part.. the GMC badge on the tailgage.

It's a GMC dash (only fleet options got a chevy dash). The pontiac 389 has tons of torque, and it does run, so plans are to get it some fuel, replace hoses, upgrade to safer brakes, and run her!
daveshilling is offline   Reply With Quote