View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 11:59 AM   #544
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Ok so I filled the engine oil and everything has stayed inside the engine so far, thats a good sign... next the trans was filled with fluid and again no leaks! - started to fill the radiator -wow that larger radiator took 4 gallons of straight-up antifreeze before it started to fill, and then I ran the electric water pump and started pumping it through the engine block and put in 2 more gallons of water and then saw water on the floor.... yikes. had a plug in the intake manifold loose for a temp sensor fitting that I dont have in yet. Tighten it down and all good. P/S fluid filled and then turned over and pumped it through to the lines to the hydroboost unit and all is still good.

Fuel system ----- I hate fuel! --- always a problem. put in 5 gallons to start with and clicked the pump on , in seconds the lines are filled gauge is pegged and I hear girgling... shut off pump. girgle girgle... I see fuel coming out the Supercharger inlet! um WRONG!

Long story short - my AEROMOTIVE fuel regulator I bought off ebay, that was listed as AEROMOTIVE #13301 bypass regulator is a knock off, I called the tech line at Aeromotive and took pics and the guy said the spring looks like it was meant for a car suspension system not a regulator!

This is what it is suppose to look like

And the photo below is what I took apart on my NEW knock off.

So back to the speed shop for some more parts! ---- good thing I did this little pre-check.... otherwise I would have had a FUEL FLOWING FIRE on my hands thanks to a CHINESE JUNK KNOCK OFF COMPANY....

I dont think I need to say this is DANGEROUS STUFF these companies are doing to the consumers --- If somebody had just put that reg on their car and fire it up with no gauge or checking it, they would have had a huge fuel fire on their hands to deal with.

DONT BUY EBAY JUNK!!!!! ----
Attached Images