View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 08:37 PM   #25
l92powered77

Thumbs up Re: 1977 c10 6.2 L92/6l80e swap.. pics

Update..... Heres some pics.I had ordered Accel extreme 9000 spark plug wires but they came from summit with some of the ceramic boots cracked as in broken probaly from when they are packed. Ceramic is fired up clay like a dinner plate so when dropped you know what happens.yeah so i returned them to summit and got Taylor race pro 409 series 10.4 wires instead and they fit spot on and all nice heavy duty rubber. I got the new gas tank mounted i gave away my old one without taking off supports and brackets like a idiot i gave it all away and had to buy new made in china from lmctruck.oh well very mad but steaming full speed ahead.
* fuel system ;this is what i did for my swap
** www.Psiconversion.com part number (kit-1007) and this came with a wahlbro 255-iph fuel pump and corvette fuel pressure regulator, 20 ft of 6an steel braided fuel line and the whole kit Russell fuel fittings and it was 429. All is good but i have found the return line size of -6 an to be too large to fit securely on gas tank plug. Not worried although have to find something smaller in diameter to fit more snugly.

I have mufflers 2 Magnaflow #12866 These i am ready to weld on. They are basically bullet straigh through non chamber free flowing mufflers. I hope these to be aggressive sounding to say the least.i plan on dumping near rear axle i do not want outlets to be seen since originally i wanted lighting style dual outlets in front of passenger rear tire but all good guess strait back is better than a big as$$ 90 degree angle.

I got new tranny pan gasket from mr gasket for my 6l80e since i have to put back tranny valve body and TCM i got tuned from Psiconversion.com so might as well ride fresh clean new gasket to be safe.According.to oreilys computer my 6l80e only takes 6.5 qtz of oil so i got some lucas and royal purple for the job.

I measured driveshaft length that i need so gotta call driveline shop and share this along with pics of my output since i have a STS-V tail end on my 6l80e. What do yall think steel or aluminum???

My gas pedal is a electronic LS3 gm pedal i got it new from psiconversion.com part number ACC-1007.. Mass air flow sensor i got from psi as well...

...... .
Attached Images

l92powered77 is offline   Reply With Quote