View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:30 PM   #13
nsb29

Re: Looking for a tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
not to be a knucklehead but I do not understand how anybody can tune an engine for you via a mail order, LOL... yes your truck will start and run, that's because these PCMs can pull you in from being as high as +25% or -25% off, but that's not efficient by any means

from what I have seen with folks asking for help with their post mail order tunes and the black magic that went into them by some stranger miles away, they would have saved more money by buying HP Tuners ($300) for themselves plus paying ($100) additional to license / tune one vehicle ~ buy once, cry once!

there is an abundance of YouTube videos, articles, and forum posts on how to get started, not to mention an excellent HP Tuners Tutorial on here, ha ha

not being rude, just saying you can do it!
As for me I have problem with my smart phone, I sent mine out and had vats removed etc, even if I spent the time and money and got my head around it I would be in the same place you’re in no Dyno! Not being a smart ass Just saying. I’m with shorty there are a lot of shops that have enough data that on less your racing and one sec. counts why spend the bucks for a Dyno? Do you know if pin 57 can be activated 2009 Pontiac G8 6.0 / 6l80e?? If it can or can’t depends on how I do my wiring. Now it can be driven when it’s dun it will go to a dyno