Thread: Wife's 48
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 10:23 PM   #14
8man

Re: Wife's 48

Well, I picked up the S10 frame with the 54 cab (it has some bondo on the back under the two windows, and will probably need a lower cab corner on the driver's side) the bed sides (they are in excellent condition), as well as the front fenders, inner fenders, doors, rear fenders (which are in excellent shape except for some rust through on the tails) and S10 brake unit. Here are some pictures.

These two are of the frame. S10 standard cab, long bed. The shop owner has cut off the frame supports on the frame.
IMG_1735 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

IMG_1731 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

It has two good AD fenders and inner fenders.
IMG_1730 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The inside was customized by a PO, see the 4 gauge holes in the dash and the floor shifter. George said the gauges were a saleable commodity if I didn't want them.

IMG_1732 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The doors are rough

IMG_1733 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The shop owner uses 4x4 by 3/8" tubing to make his body/frame supports.
They are definitely strong enough.

IMG_1734 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Ok, you can see this truck was licensed in Texas through 1/31/17.

IMG_1735 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

Now to get the 48 and all it's stuff in the same place to see what I've got to work with.

Laura likes the custom dash and the floor shifter, and she wants an "old school" motor. That means a carb with points and condenser. Oh well. Also, she says forest green with black fenders and the dark oak bed rails and floor. I kinda like that color scheme too.
8man is offline   Reply With Quote