View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #204
special-K
Special Order

Re: 67-72 C/K/T-40's-90's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
If you can use it that way, the nice thing about a Tractor is that you could have many more than one trailers to hitch it to. You could do some hauling during the week and go camping on the week-end as you have mentioned.

The other nice thing about Air Brakes is it should also have a "Maxi" Brake. The reverse process parking brake. Being a 1970, there is a pretty good chance that it would have one. My '71 had one, but my '67 didn't. It is one of the greatest inventions ever.

Keep us posted if you buy it.

Bill
This truck does have the maxi-brake. It's a little big rig. Just right for someone who likes big trucks but doesn't really need one...heh heh. It's been a dream of mine to have a vintage road tractor with an assortment of trailers all ready to roll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 step View Post
Here's my daily grain hauler. '72 C60 with an 8.2L Detroit diesel with a 5 speed trans, and a 4 speed auxiliary trans.
That's a sweet truck there. I always enjoy seeing the trucks come out at harvest time. It's a perfect use for a classic truck. Actually,it's how they came to be older and nice,right? Some guys take a lot of pride in their grain trucks.I can see you do. When it's time to cut they need to keep on going. So,it's like a fire truck that knows when a few fires a year will be.
I didn't realize the 8.2 went back that far. I was under the impression this body never had a diesel due to not enough space under the hood with the short front end. You learnt me somethin' new.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote