View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:31 PM   #16
atvpro

Re: 67-72 Chev Crewcab Build

Ok, hope you all had a great Christmas, I know we did. Before I get started talking about the build, for all you fabricators like myself you will be able to appreciate my new organization skills, ie my new fabrications cart.

Well the caddy ended up being pandora's box but I'm close to finishing, I've been very excited about starting the door so I took a break from the caddy for a day to work on the 4th door. If you'll notice the front door to the left and the right rear door to the right, there is such a difference between the two that I will not be using a front left door to make the rear left door except for the door latch. Also showing a picture of the cut out from the 3rd door hinge area I will be completely fabricating a mirror image of what you see however it will be using a thicker sheet metal for more strength. Will be making a couple other improvements though nothing you would ever know by looking at it. For those you with a weak stomach I'm sorry you had to see perfectly good 3rd door cut up but it is for better of all crew cab kind.

Looking forward to difficulty of fabricating this door piece way more than doing the rest of the door, how weird is that? Also am just about ready to cut up the other suburban and I have two more on the way, the one I am currently cutting up had a nice interior will be using most of it on the crewcab. I talked to an upholster today for those of you who are familiar with the headliners that come in some of the trucks we are going to duplicate that head liner to fit the crewcab one piece.
atvpro is offline   Reply With Quote