View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #15
skyjgmc

Re: 70' GMC "Walter"

soooo Ive been reading up on every ls swap I can find on the forum and cant wait to get this project started. It may not be as soon as I hoped since we are leaving at the end of March for Moab in the jeeps. I got a few items to iron out in the jeep before we leave, but after we get back all hell will break loose on the ol boy. Im thinking for right now we will keep the patina look and get the motor in and running well then do body work as we go or try and find another cab and bed then swap everything over when its time. I know the rockers were repaired by the PO and I can see fibergalss and resin so I dont know how far the damage is in the floor nor was his quality of work that great so Im a little concerned to what lies beneath.
For now we are using everything we can out of the van even the 3 point seat belts are in good shape and look to be easy to make work with Walter so thats one of the items first on the list is fab some belt brackets for the floor mount and get rid of the lap belts. the van has hydroboost brakes also so even after the most recent disc swap Im sure the hydro will find its way under the jeep plus the 14 bolt I just need to track down a front dana 60 but with their popularity in this day and age they are even as rare as hens teeth in these parts.
skyjgmc is offline   Reply With Quote