View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 11:56 PM   #6
whitedog76

Re: firewall relocating

I actually saw a build done where they made boxes in the toeboard. It was on a Brit. site, which I can’t find anymore.

Anyhow, my way of thinking is to do the firewall mod first. Brace it between between the hood hinge brackets to help keep the cowl in place. I have 2 1/2 inches before the firewall recess gets into the motor. Ideally I would like to move it 3”, so I’ll have to decide on that. Maybe a setback recess or just go 2” and modify the toe board.

After the “new” firewall is tacked in place, then Start in the cowl, toeboard and floorboard. My doors shut good and the frames are in decent shape, so only doing one side at a time seems to be the smart way to go. That way I always have a reference for measuring.

This is all theory right now, I have an MII to install, an 8.8 to get underneath, and about 5000 other things I can’t think of right now. The floor of these trucks are tapered too, not to mention the curve in the kick panel pieces, so it won’t be an easy undertaking anyhow. I’d like to do it I need a way so if things go south, I can always go back and fix things.
whitedog76 is offline   Reply With Quote