View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #248
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

PD1292, Thanks for the encouragement! It has definately been an ambitious project. If you ever make it back into town I would love to show the blazer off for you, along with the dozens of other vehicles my family has. Of course once this thing is driveable I plan on doing ALOT of driving in it, so you might actually get to see it in person in your part of the state.

Firebirdjones, This blazer is rusty because it has only been in Texas for about a year. I got it from a board member in Louisiana and he got it from Georgia. That is the state it has been in for the majority of its life. I also have a 54 suburban from Virginia that is even rustier. However there are plenty of Texas vehicles that are rusty as well. Most people think of Texas as a desert but the eastern 1/3 of the state is very rainy and green. I live in Houston and it is much more resembling of New Orleans than it is El Paso. Here the rain, humidity, and fallen leaves from trees team up to rust vehicles out from the top down instead of the bottom up like is seen in most other parts of the country. If you get Texas vehicles from the San Anonio, Dallas, Austin areas and westward they are usually very rust free. I have a 72 suburban that spent its whole life in Austin until I bought it in 08 and it doesn't even have a single pinhole in any of the floors or rockers.

I wasn't planning on updating until I had made more progress but since the thread has been brought back to the top I guess I will show the latest work.
As you can see we got the donor patch on the bed rail welded into place.

A view from the underside.

The only other progress I made was getting the donor bed floor out of the parts truck. It hasnt been trimmed down yet and is only laying in place with no welds at this moment.

That is all I have for now. Hopefully there will be some more updates soon.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote