View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #85
JGross

Re: 1966 chevy truck engine swap to LS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysbowties View Post
... The main reason I wanted to reply to your thread was something I have been wanting to do for a long time and that's one piece glass, did you just do this by trail and error or some other means. Any information on the process of doing this would be greatly appreciated, like what window motors and track or whatever info you can. Thanks Alot
I'm also thinking of installing the one piece side windows, I've done some resurch and posted some questions for those that have done the mod no responses so far. There is a kit out there for the conversion from NoLimites.com that has mixed reviews. This is what I've found out so far.

1966Chevy I would be interested in hearing your answers to these questions.

I’m thinking of installing one piece side windows in my 65 daily driver. I’ve searched and read most if not all of the post on this modification and I think the issues/concerns can be summed up as follows;

1. It requires a lot of cutting to the door, and the vent windows will be destroyed.
2. The door check may be in the way
3. Removing pieces of the door’s internal structure may leave the door “flimsy”

I’m not concerned with issue 1 I’m pretty good at metal fabrication. So what is you experience with the modification and did you have any problems with issues 2 and 3.

Since this is my daily drive I have one more questions, any issues with wind noise or leaking while driving in the rain?

Thanks for your Help
JGross is offline   Reply With Quote