View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 09:07 PM   #325
C-cab23

Re: A different approach to a LWB to SWB conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
Here in WA State... the dude behind the counter pulls out a book of "State Appraised Values", which is based on KBB Classic Vehicle values. So when I went to transfer the title of my junked out C25 parts rig into my name so I could drive it around until i tore it apart. The state "appriased" the value of the truck at $11,000 bucks, sight unseen. It was a bashed up, rusted out 3/4 ton that I paid $900 dollars for. It's a money grab for the state to charge you the taxes agains the "appraised" value instead of the actual value. If the sale price is below the "appraised" calue, the state goes of their BS value.

Gary
I went through that same bull**** here in MA with a 69 chevelle ss that I bought a while back....I paid about $1600 for it...it's a basket case...needs just about everything to be replaced...I just wanted to pay the sales tax and get it titled...the state wanted me to pay tax on a value of about $25,000 ....that wasn't gonna happen...we fought then...gave them picture documentation of the car and finally got them to lower the value to what I paid....it took about 6 months to do
1969 Chevelle SS
1946 Chevy 4 door sedan
1923 C-Cab
C-cab23 is offline   Reply With Quote