Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #52
SBTork
Garage wrench

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
SBTork, if your not going drasticaly low, use a Ridetech kit on the stock arms, upgrade to urathane bushings, pay for the good shocks, and add a rear sway bar.
Thanks for answering my questions Rob. Also, a big congrats on the truck doing so well, i'd love to see the looks on everyones faces when they saw the time you posted once the truck crossed the finish line

Also, if you get a chance, I have a few more. I am low now, maybe going lower but not laying frame anytime soon. I have a fully rebuilt front end, new energy suspension control arm bushings and sway bar bushings. CPP tie rod end sleeves. And I am about to put in some KYB GR2 shocks, not expensive but not the cheapest either. If I were to get some different/better shocks, any suggestions? It's lowered in the front about 5-5.5" thanks to stock cut springs and 2.5" drop spindles. It rides good, but why not make it better?

I'd like to add a truck/trailing arm rear suspension to it someday aswell. Does the CPP kit for the pickups work in the suburbans? Nate, would your newly designed rear touring style kit work in the suburban platform? Does anyone make a kit that would work with some modifications? Has anyone seen this done to a suburban? This would be a down the road type upgrade.

I have a feeling it's going to be a really big challenge to make this '85 Burb handle well. And maybe it's not realistic at all but I think it would be fun to surprise some people in an old suburban. I don't need to pull any g's in the corners but I would like to do some "autocross" type driving. I don't plan on being really competitive but don't want to be a joke either.

90 V1500 GMC Suburban 350/700R4/NP241.....
01 Saturn SL1 stock DD.....
SBTork is offline   Reply With Quote