View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #1279
VWNate1

Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

IIRC there are _three_ splines to line up in a torque converter , most of the time one slips right in and you have to invert the tranny and hand spin the T.C. back and forth until you hear / feel it click and drop twice more .

It'll be close to the inside of the bell housing when it's right , at least 1/4" between the flex plate and the T.C. when you offer up the tranny ~ never , EVER force it ! therein lies madness and an empty wallet .

I just got another 'phone call from The paint Jail ~ it seems he's hot to trot on painting my truck now and really wants me to come get my driveline , he says no problems painting the bottom of the cab green to match and suit me , they guy who's paying for it .

I'll go by in a day or so and drop him off some $ if I see progress , I assume there will be .

QUESTION : many of the I6 powered trucks I see , have the inner upper lip of the right hand frame rail , right in front of the passenger side motor mount , cracked and bent up a little bit ~ what's the deal with this ? I am having him heat it , massage flat and butt weld it from underneath as I don't like cracks in anything , they tend to creep with the way I drive .

Please run out to your truck or that nasty old frame in the weeds and take a look see , report back here .

TIA ,
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH