View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 12:27 PM   #19
webfoot

Re: The project with no name - 1970 K20

Well after 7 months I figure it is time for an update.

I ended up replacing the rear leafs too with matching skyjackers and now the thing can actually go over bumps without jarring teeth loose. 1 ton springs + short fiberglass bed = bad news. If I stood on the bed before there was absolutely no squat.

I got the heater/blower working, just in time to not need it! I guess this whole time I should have been working on the AC huh?

I am driving this pretty regularly now, and it is a fun truck to drive so now I am working on sprucing up the interior some, and I'd love to get that parking brake working. This might be redneck (Ok, i is and I'm ok with that) but for now my "parking brake" is a half round of wood I just drive over on my approach into the driveway and seems to hold the truck just fine while it is warming up.

Next big deal will be to get a spray in bedliner, the factory paint in the bed is maroon.. which clashes pretty well with a silver and grey truck. But, I'm not doing that!

Next thing I'd like to figure out is if there is a better way to raise the steering arm on this dana 60, right now the arm is pretty much level but I can tell the thing twists a bit when I turn as the steering wheel is never "centered" in the same place. (some of this may be due to a worn rag joint as well) This must have a 2 or 3" block under the steering arm.

*EDIT* seems like this is the ticket:
https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...3040/overview/

1970 K-20 4-speed, factory AC.

Last edited by webfoot; 04-05-2017 at 12:54 PM.
webfoot is offline   Reply With Quote