View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 12:50 AM   #81
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclassix View Post
Hmmmm... what hydroboost are you using? can you post some pictures of the h-boost and the ports? This is an area I amy be able to help you out in!
Actually, it is the same hydrobooster that we are used to seeing in GM trucks. The difference is 1981 and newer hydroboosters have metric fittings (M16 & M18) whereas the older ones had standard fittings (3/8 & 7/16). Really, it didn’t matter which hydrobooster I went with because one hose would have to be converted to a basterd anyway being the late model p/s pump has metric fittings and the steering gear is standard. So, either I went with a standard thread hydrobooster and rework the hose for the p/s pump or use the metric hydrobooster and rework the p/s hose that goes to the steering gear. Same deal either way.

We solved the problem Saturday by cutting the metric tube nut off the booster to gear hose then added a standard tube nut and reflared it. Same deal that I had to do when I first installed this exact late model p/s pump on Gen VI 454HO that I installed back in 2003. Just one of the hassles of these type custom dealeos. Thanks for the offer though.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote