View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #42
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '65 Chevy C10 Long Fleet Retrospective Build Thread

I'd say that you've set the bar pretty high. It is very inspiring to see your attention to detail in this build. I have not seen anyone in this area do this nice of work. I sincerely hope that your restoration business does very well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
Thanks! I really enjoyed the unique opportunity of being able to go to this level of detail with the '65. The owners were in no hurry to get the truck back from us and allowed me to take the truck to a level of finish that they were not expecting, so that the truck would showcase our abilities as a newly opened restoration shop; a rolling business card of sorts. Probably 3/4 of the work was done at no cost to the owner so that they could still afford the work being done, and we could spend the time needed to bring the truck up to our standards of quality. It worked; a guy that has a '55 International pickup heard about the work we had done on the '65 C10 from a friend and after stopping by to take a look for himself, he wanted us to do the metalwork on his '55. So we now have our next restoration project in the shop due to word of mouth "advertising".

Btw, I'll have the truck back at our shop soon to detail it for an upcoming show and I'll try to take some more/better overall shots of it. I've also talked to the owners to see if they'd let us have a professional photographer do a photo shoot of the truck to really capture the details and quality of work.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE

Last edited by Captainfab; 06-11-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote