View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 09:47 PM   #147
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiefromwatonga View Post
Richard, firs off let me say that I admire you and your work. Top notch for sure. I have a question though, Are you useing the 68 cab mounting "ears" or the ones origonal to the frame? I ask because I am looking at doing the same with a 69 GMC 5500 and a 93 Topkick
All of the mount points on the frame are original to the 89 and the cab mounts should line up perfectly. I may need to put a spacer under the core support mount. If so it will be less than an inch, at least that is what I think.

I know that he body changed again by 93, I have no idea what they may have done with body mounting points. Do you already have the Topkick? If so get to measuring! If the frame itself is the same width then adapting the body shouldn't be too difficult. What would concern me is the width of the front axle. I got really lucky that I was able to adapt the newer knuckles to my older axle, I don't know if that luck would extend to the 93 knuckles or not. From the pictures that body style looks to have a really wide axle...

Have you started a build thread for your GMC yet? I'd like to see what you are working with!

Oh, and thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.

-Richard