View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 02:54 PM   #6
siggyfreud

Re: Rear coilover kits and tire size limitations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stepbed View Post
So, you plan to order wheels before suspension?
Yeah, I kind of have to at this point. I'll likely be moving soon, and have no wheels/tires for this, so it's up on jacks. My previous set didn't clear the front big brakes, so couldn't have even put those back on. I don't have the cash at the moment to do both wheels/tires and suspension, and I don't really want to spend cash on a temporary wheel/tire set either.

That said, the height the truck is at is the height I'd like to keep it at/around (~4/6 drop) so I'm not all too concerned from a clearance perspective, other than just the coilover, or lower coilover mount on an outboard setup.

But if you're saying you can run 11"-315 wheels/tires on your step fenders, I should be good with my fleetside. I don't really need to go wider than that. The previous setup back there was a 305/55/R20, and it fit, I just can't remember how much room there was between the tire and where outboard suspension would mount.

If it does end up limiting my suspension choices to inboard coilovers, I am OKAY with that, just not ideal, but I suspect once I measure I'll find I have room. But again, if the worst thing I end up with a rear ridetech suspension setup, it'll still be miles better than what is there already.

Think I'm shooting myself in the foot?
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote