View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #54
l92powered77

Re: 1977 c10 6.2 L92/6l80e swap.. pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Ben View Post
My transmission points down at 5*, was thinking of raising it some but there is a little hump on the back where I can barely get my finger between the floor of the cab and the trans. What kind of space do you have?
Hey man I have a good 2 fingers and a half spacing between floor and transmission case contact point.By this i mean 2 fingers stacked up on top of each other,but theres is a spot where there is a tight fit and it is near the front where i can only get 1 finger in between.Its right where the floor turns into the center hump where firewall is.My tranny and engine look a little like a cheeto in that they look kinda of warped they way they are mounted cause with dirty dingo 73-87 truck mounts the engine is really low mount and and tranny is strait back with pan hanging at weird angle it looks like. Tranny case is painted flat black so maybe this is just truck optical illusion. Everything is mounted right but just looks crazy a LSX drive train in it haha . Near my old house there was a movie theatre,and this parking lot had some mean speed bump very haterish ruin your day and vehicle type of speed hump.Where you have to drive 0 mph in normal vehicle now imagine my dropped truck..Yes sir my control arms would lightly scrape if i went too fast or didnt go at a angle up the speed bump.My engine and tranny pans are higher that this so I am not really worried about clearence. My drop is only 4/6 i believe No c-notch just normal drop and it doesnt hit on the frame at all .
l92powered77 is offline   Reply With Quote