View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #71
Liltroy

Re: 1977 c10 6.2 L92/6l80e swap.. pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by l92powered77 View Post
ATTENTION!!!!!

For anybody using DIRTY DINGO motor mounts i now can finally announce that I have found a pair of long tube headers that fit. My engine is slid all the way back and these headers fit right in. I DID have to use some angled msd spark plug wires.CLUUUUTCH!

The Brand is called SPEED ENGINEERING. Their website is www.speed-engineering.com .I am so stoked. Big thanks to SS MOTORSPORTS in Fresno,ca for welding my custom tig welded stainless steel exhaust and engine harness problems

I am now running long tube headers with 3 inch collectors and true dual exhaust no x pipe 3"stainless all the way back with 2 magnaflow #12867 mufflers. They are 5 inch round case 14 in long case 20 inch long total length and 3" inch in/out .They are loud but not alot of droning but when you hit the gas you will notice,they sound nice really exotic makes you turn around because it makes you think what is that and what kind of engine work does it have. Not annoying. This thing sounds like a fire breathing banshee and it still needs a tune.

Gotta get down to LA area and get a tune asap,but thinking of ordering a texas speed VVT stage 3 cam and springs and rods and whatever else to put in before i tune it that way i dont have to worry about retunes .Also before tune need to order some stuff from summitracing to make a cold air intake tube.I am thinking spectre brand. Right now I have my mass air flow sensor mounted on throttle body basically and yeah I am throwing hella lean fuel codes p0171 p0174, so yeah need to get that fixed.My truck has battery passenger side so all cold air intake kits that are made from gm trucks wont fit me so yeah need to make that tube go drivers side!

whats up guys?
yep I saw those long tubes on their ebay store but was afraid they wouldn't fit. Now that I know they will I may put these shorty headers on my avalanche and get those longtubes sometime in the near future. And btw.....

Last edited by Liltroy; 11-22-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Liltroy is offline   Reply With Quote