View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 02:06 AM   #8
joedoh

Re: Resurrecting my 46 chevy truck on an s10 frame in the uk

windshield regulators are expensive even not working, rebuilt they can get to almost $500. if you are missing the windshield frame as well you might consider the bent stationary glass and seal that some companies offer, it costs less than just a rebuilt regulator. I havent used it myself, but I have seen some trucks with a google image search that have the glass and it doesnt look bad at all. it wont open, but thats a small price. My new windshield frame with glass was almost $800 and the regulator rebuild will be ~200.

if you need interior cab parts, my recommendation is to buy a spare cab that has everything, because those parts get a premium and everyone knows it. I have parted cabs on ebay and sold the bare cab local, you never can convince someone your asking price for a complete cab is fair, I dunno why, but they will spend 60% on a stripped cab while the parts and pieces will cost them 200% more later.

for new parts I use bowtie bits because they are local and Jeff is a dynamite human being. they also rebuild old parts and sell NOS stuff from dealers, so I love going in there. I even bought my shop radio there, it was a dealer Delco display.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote