View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 05:40 PM   #959
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Wow, hadn't realized how much time has passed since I updated this build. I did manage to get my 4wd working again. On the transfer case issues, I had to stick with the case in the truck because that had the input that would work with the Advanced Adapter coupler to the NV4500. What I ended up doing was swapping the front output from my original TC into this one. Put together a front driveshaft from parts of a few I had stashed. Good to go!

Since then, I've been driving daily and she's done pretty well. Took her on the first long roadtrip, maybe 2 hours away, to visit my daughter's new place. Handled pretty well up to 75MPH but there are a few things I need to address. 1) The NV4500 howls in 5th gear. Not typically a problem because I rarely get above 4th for day to day driving. 2) Have wind noise pretty bad above 60MPH on driver side. 3) I love the sound of my exhaust, but blasting down the highway for a couple hours it gets really old not being able to hear the radio or talk with a passenger. I need to find mufflers that sound aggressive when I put my foot into it, rumble nicely at idle, but are relatively quiet when i'm cruising giving just enough pedal to maintain speed.

Hazel did get a Christmas present I've just finished installing. Got vacuum and AFR guages. Now I'll be tweaking the tune for a while.

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote