View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #963
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Glad to see you guys still keeping an eye on this.

The mufflers I currently have are Magnaflow 13215XL which have a 14" body. I had to get a new piece of exhaust pipe bent up to go around my new setup for the transfer case and dual sticks and the guy that owned the shop said that if I like the sound but want it quieter at cruise, get a longer or bigger bodied muffler. This morning I ordered a pair of Magnaflow 13255 mufflers which have an 18" body, so they are still available Mike.

I think for the wind noise I'll get some of the seals that mount to the door around the window and see if they help. The truck had some originally but I didn't replace them after paint.

As for the 5th gear howl, I've been debating a different oil. I used Amsoil which says its for the NV4500, but it isn't the OE specified oil. The right oil and additives made a big difference in the rear end. Just hate to drop the $$$ not knowing it will help. But then again, I don't know of a shop I trust to go through the NV4500 again and hate the idea of pulling it back out of the truck again. Marcus I hope your tranny is still behaving itself. I know how it is to pay for a rebuild and then discover you might not have gotten what you paid for like your previous rebuild.

Boynton, still waiting to see a thread start for the Blazer, and are you getting any sleep yet? Mike, it won't be long till the weather makes you want to get yours out and work on it again.

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote