View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #21
SC1969c10

Re: 3 on the tree trouble shifting

Update:

Lubed the shifter cam w/e its called and let it set up for a day. Came back and followed all directions and sure enough it tightened maybe a third of a turn? Closed the gap dramatically.

Got in the cab and it felt like a whole new shifter. So tonight my wife tells me to take it out and she’ll hang back at home incase. Leave the neighborhood and one two three, shifts fantastic. Turn into a neighborhood to head back home and down shift to second to one and suddenly all im getting is neutral. She wont go back to one, so i say the hell with it and up to second. Rev it up to leave the neighborhood and the engine starts sputtering and hear I go dead on the side of the road.

Call the wife, we leave it there for an hour. Come back and she refuses to start. Cranks just fine but wont fire up. I hit it with a shot of starter fluid, nothing. Take the gas can and drip a few right into the carb, still nothing. So I keep the pedal mashed down and crank and maybe 5 seconds she cranks up, I get her in first and back on the road. Go to shift up and nothing, she wont leave 2nd. So after pulling off to let traffic past, I eventually get home and back in the garage. A while later I go back to the garage to see whats going on, pop the hood, move the levers with my finger, get in the cab and shes right back to feeling new again.

Is this the typical crap you all are dealing with with these 3 on the trees?

Trucks headed to the shop as this is the second time dying on the road and second time wife’s had to deal with it, so her orders are it cant leave the house until it goes to the shop, and I tend to agree.
SC1969c10 is offline   Reply With Quote