View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #13
Tator

Re: Need help understanding options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
I'd be embarrassed about my parents giving me a car and it ended up in that condition.
Don't get it twisted. The truck has sat more than anything. Its the only thing that kept me in school. Call it a bribe. Promised to me if I graduated.

It was my moms 1st vehicle, given to her by my grandfather. Dad raced it/daily drove it until I came along, there is a piece of chain welded to the frame as a motor strap. 2 seats do not bode well for a family of 3 at the time. Soon to become a family of 5.

Mid/late 80's til 93 or so the truck sat. As kids we used to play in it.

93ish My Grandfather wanted to get the truck driveable again. Dad installed a crate 350 still with a 3 speed.

I learned to drive a stick in this truck at 11 or 12. Pretty much all the miles on the current motor was driving down backroads learning the coordination of what to do with my feet and hands. lol.

Grandfather passed in 95. Truck has sat since. I graduated, life happened, more than some, less than others. This truck has always been a constant fixture either being driven or used as a "clubhouse" for my siblings and I.

Will it ever be for sale? Does a snow man have a chance in Hell?
Tator is offline   Reply With Quote