View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
1972BlueC20

Installed New Carpet and New Kick Panel Speakers Today

I finally got around to installing new carpet to replace my old sun faded carpet. Took a few hours, wasn't too hard since I've pulled the seat out a few times before along with pulling the tank before too so I knew what to expect. Carpet seemed decent quality. Was ACC brand I think. No holes pre cut. Even the high beam switch. I just laid the old carpet over the new one and carefully cut the holes with a new blade in my box cutter. Used an ice pick for the door sill screw holes. It still needs to relax a little as its new and stiff but looks pretty dang good and has no bunching.

Replaced my kick panel custom auto sound "premium" speakers (total garbage) with some 300 watt Kicker 6.5's. Sound much better! Still need to add an under seat sub eventually.

Also bought some matching GM original reproduction style bow tie floor mats for anyone who is curious how they look. Will post another pic tomorrow showing those and the new speakers and with the seat re-installed. It's already dark outside.

If any first time carpet replacers need to install carpet feel free to ask installation questions. Im not a pro, but I now can add this to my classic truck repair resume LOL. It's pretty easy and straight forward.

Here's a pic!!
Attached Images

Last edited by 1972BlueC20; 04-10-2016 at 11:31 PM.
1972BlueC20 is offline   Reply With Quote