View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #88
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '60-'62 POwer Brake Booster Adapter Bracket With A Clutch

You are close on the price. The bracket with the Wilwood clutch master and linkage is $199.50, the shipping is $15.76, and the satin black powder coating is $7.50, for a total of $222.76. I will need to know what clutch master cylinder you are using, so that I can supply you with the correct size clutch master cylinder.

You are correct that you do not need a proportioning valve for a drum/drum brake system. When converting to a dual reservior master cylinder, you do have to replumb at least the front brake lines. You can reuse the line that runs on the backside of the crossmember, for the rear circuit, by using a couple of inverted flare plugs as needed in the tee's.

If you will be keeping the original clutch slave cylinder, you should be able to keep the original line from the slave up to and including the hose at the firewall. Then just run a new line from the new clutch master, down to the hose on the firewall. Of course this is only if the original line and hose are in good useable condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60ShortStepGMC View Post
My application is a 60 gmc w/hydraulic clutch, drum/drum. Christmas is near so I'm making a list and checking it twice.

I like your "option 2" but saw some changes in subsequent posts. Just checking the price and product: they remain as you mentioned them in post 43 (199.50 + 15.00 shipping 7.50 powder coat option) and 44 (new linkage)?

<newbie section>
Many places say no proportioning valve required for drum/drum applications, but one would be required because of the new dual diaphragm master cylinder, correct? And no doubt I should replumb all my lines as part of this upgrade?

Generally the improvement gained by this change to my stock truck is power assisted braking and an independent three-line setup (front brakes, rear brakes, clutch)?
</newbie section>
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote