View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #6
Zeroman

Re: Which Chevy truck bench seats are interchangable?

All of the bench seats 67-72 are interchangeable, however, there are different designs. The mounting holes are all the same. The brackets do not interchange between seat styles.

The earlier style ones, 67-70, are a combination of springs and a thin 2-3" foam topper while the 71-72 are considered "full foam" with flat springs on the bottom with about 6-7" of foam. They are the most desirable.

I restored a 69 seat, but found it to be too bouncy while driving. It looked great, but did not "drive" well.

I found a 72 full foam seat which I restored and find it to be much better.

Fixing the side springs on a spring/foam bottom seat is fairly simple. LMC sells the replacement side springs. I did not find side springs for the full foam seat, but adapted the earlier side springs and made them work. You will have to deconstruct your seat to replace the springs.

I had never done any upholstery work before, so I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos and spoke to a local shop where I had some previous work done on another vehicle. It was pretty simple, but now I know why shops get so much money to do that type of work. You work up quite a sweat.
Zeroman is offline   Reply With Quote