View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #72
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 72 suburban sheetmetal

Rob,
I just went out to my 72 burb with tailgate/ hatch and it has a bolt in it that appears factory. I also remember taking the same bolt out of the one in this thread. I also went over to my storage garage and opened up the rear barn doors of my 68 panel and it has the same bolt. The barn door struts attach more in the middle of the header just to each side of center. I put a flashlight up in thru the hole but you can't see anything. If I recall correctly the metal blockade is just above this point and there was only a 3/4'' hole drilled that went down the rear pillar toward the tail light. I don't recall there being any access thru the header because there was a wire in the rear roof bow that went from D/S rear top corner over to the P/S rear top corner. If you look in the 3rd picture you can see the inner structure (this is pass side obviously but I remember having real difficulty getting the wire harness out of the driver side because of this same pc.) For some reason i did not take a pic of the driver side when I got it peeled apart and I didn't save the rear header b/c it was so rusty.

Richard

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote