View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:13 PM   #19
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona
Re: 396 BB Question=Need advice

Its been a long time since I updated my status here, but after all this time, the truck is finally drivable. Long story, many moves across country and truck was always in a different location than where I was.
Have some good friends now that have helped me. Many things have been discovered about the engine and truck, so I am still working thru a bunch of unknowns.
1. The rear end is a 3.07 - not the 3.73 the PO claimed it was.
2. Hughes performance TH400, but unknown converter installed...PO says it is a 2500, but that remains to be proven.
3. The holley DP is a monster that is really a racing carb. No choke or typical linkages and the choke body area has been machined off. But the truck does run well with it, however I am fighting a fuel issue. Sputtering and cutting off like it is running out of gas, but has a constant 9.5lbs of fuel pressure measured at the carb input. Carb was professionally rebuilt by Baker Outlaw Fuels in PA, so everything should be ok. Tank is venting, sending unit is new, all 2 fuel filters are new, 3/8 fuel line.
4. Have no idea what the "all in" timing should be, but the engine timing is currently set what it was ran at DYNO, but would be nice to know the correct setting.

Looking forward to getting this thing dialed in with assistance from my friends here.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote