View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

Re: 700r4 Passing gear cable ????

Justin, like 78 said, BUT add this, it's important or that brand new 700 will be junk real quick. The detent cable MUST be adjusted properly for the trans to work properly and live a long productive life. If you don't know how to adjust it find someone who does. If you can't find anyone try to adjust it yourself. There is a tab on the cable end you have to push in towards the cable casing. Push tab in and draw back on cable until it stops. Now get into the vehicle and slowly push the throttle as far as it will go (eng not running) and you will hear it clicking (normal) when you can't push any farther its adjusted. It can be "tailored" a bit to move shift points up or down but I don't recomend doing that yourself if your not familiar with the adjustment process and trans function the adjustment affects. Hope I didn't scare ya. BTW, 400's don't have a down shift cable, it's electric. Jim
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote