View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
98layinframe

Re: Current S10 build project 350 swap and 4" bodydrop

Eric laying down some more welds. Dude loves to weld..

Well that pretty much brings things up to date, now working on the bodydrop of the cab

and just my little bit of motivation to keep working on this turd.

more pics.. ok i think i can do that!

well if i they made a rubber band for a tire.. i could run 22's

unfortunately i dont have any tires mounted just yet.. heres the torque thrust II's

rear half of the floor all modified and about ready to weld in place.

the cab is dropped down 3 5/8" right now and yet even with allowing plenty of space between the frame and bottom of the floor, its only needs raised 2" (The piece of wood is just there to hold it up level for now)

rear cab mounts ditched the stock ones and just made new ones out of 1/8" plate.

showing how close they are down to the frame.

link all welded up!

Since i forgot to post pics of what the wishbone actually looks like.. Its fully welded as shown in the pics above though.

Got the back wall, part of the passenger side step by the seat belt, and also half of the driverside step all welded up.

The best part is with all the body mount, frame mount, and mods to the floor itself... i only had to raise the rear half of the floor up 2 3/8" on a 4" body drop.

got the front half of the floor in place. I used a section from another old cab i had.

I dont know why the pics are so small.. stupid phone.

The front half of the floor was raised the full body drop amount so it sits higher then the back half.

front cab mounts modified to clear the angled fillers.

starting to weld it all in!

showing how the 2 sections were blended together nicely.

showing how well everything clears with the doors closed.

the floor is now fully welded inplace and finished except for the firewall and wheel tubs area.

got the frame horns all dropped and started welding in place.

starting to make the fillers, the passenger side is cut way back like that to clear the lower rad hose and the trans cooler lines.

And thats where i stopped for tonight.
98layinframe is offline   Reply With Quote