View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #15
Grumpy old man

Re: Interior and tonneau cover materials

"Grumpy old man, when you wrapped the door panels, how did you get the vinyl down into the recesses? And how well are they staying?
I assumed spray adhesive, industrial strength. Hair dryer to warm vinyl enough to be pressed down. But didn't think they would press down enough to look good, and they would unstick when heated in the summer sun. "

I use Dap weldwood adhesive spray grade and run it thru a cheap harbor freight spray gun . On the steel panels once you cut the material oversized by 3 inches ,center the material and fold back 1/2 spray the material and metal panel ,allow to tack and slowly work from the center out using your fingers to lay the material into the grooves in the panel all the way to the end of the panel . repeat the same process on the other side ,once the front of the panel is done flip it over and glue edges allowing time for the glue to tack up before adhering . low temp with a heat gun or use a hair dryer to help with wrinkles . it will not come off in high heat . clean up any over spray with mineral spirits .

https://www.ebay.com/i/281094382720?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 08-12-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote