Thread: 1970 panel
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 03:58 AM   #7
milk truck 70

Re: 1970 panel

My grandad bought it new in 70. When he passed my dad got it in 80. I was supposed to get it in 96 when I turned 16 but my dad sold it for $4300 to a guy and it about killed me. A few years ago I tracked the guy down and he still has it. He told me then he wasn't ready to sell but he would let me know. About a week ago he informed me he was ready and said comparable ones were going for $16,000-$18,000. I have no problem paying that but I can't find anything to support that. I have found some burbs with frame off restos on them with brand new cherry motors, badass paint, and awesome new interior for that price and the panel isnt even close to that clean. It still has the original brakes and suspension and that equals a lot of worn out parts to me that all need to be replaced and upgraded. I just want my panel back but don't want to way overpay because he knows the history. Like I said he bought it for $4300 in 96. Could it really increase in value 4x with no significant upgrades in that amount of time.
milk truck 70 is offline   Reply With Quote