View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #59
rtinniste

Re: Wtf did i get myself into 51 s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
any news?
Shifted some things around my garage, put the motor on the stand, and wired the compressor in on its own breaker after a year of it sitting around the garage lol does that count?

But in all honestly I haven't touched the truck in awhile I ended up buying a new 4runner so I've been going wheeling almost every weekend, and fun funds have been going into that and my other hobbies.

But I did sell the dodge for a decent amount, plan was to use the money from the dodge to finish the 51. Its just nice having that extra money in my savings. I'm just really stuck on where I want to go budget wise. I have a quote for $1500 to rebuild my 350 including a comp thumper cam, balanced crank, and ported and polished heads with roller rockers. My buddy is selling his full year old accuair e-level system with the bluetooth controller, dual air zeinth ob2's, 5 gallon aluminum tank, and accuair exo mount cheap also.

Right now I've been thinking about just swapping the manifold, checking the bottom end and running the motor as is and getting a bench rebuilt 350 trans and running a manual valve setup for the bags.

Chassis wise I'm finished I need to get the bed on to finalize my bag mounts, since I moved the 4 link forward about 2 inches to better center the wheels in the fenders.

Pics of the new gold digger. Installed the bilstein lift, wheels and tires, cut the bumpers to clear tires, hid's, light bar, window tint within the first week of owning it. Planning on king's, total chaos upper control arms, and metaltech long travel rear spings and links by April.

Currently working on a on board air system picked up an air zeinth ob2 compressor from a buddy for free to feed a 4 gallon tank. Still have to fab the bracket to fit the compressor in the engine bay and find a safe spot to mount the tank either behind the front bumper or a pancake tank in the spare tire area. I also started cutting mounting plates for bolt on sliders.

But now I'm pretty motivated to start working on it again since I bought my dad all billet pulleys, a chrome water pump, and a chrome power steering pump for Christmas. So he's been wrenching on his c10 again so maybe this week I'll cut out a panel for the drivers side firewall finish that up.
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote