View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 10:55 AM   #61
rtinniste

Re: Wtf did i get myself into 51 s10 swap

Had a 4 day weekend which was nice. Weather sucked and my debt card has been turned off for almost 2 weeks while waiting for a new card from my bank. After work Thursday sold the running boards from my 4runner and went and picked up the rest of the fittings, regulator, filter, new longer hose, angle die grinder, a bunch of roloc disks, and a 50ft extension cord for my welder.

Now my compressor is up and running need a better filter system because I'm still having some moisture issues and it needs a new auto start module, it will kick on but won't shut off unless you bring it up pressure, turn it off, then turn it back on, then it stays and won't kick on until it hits 120 psi. Tried adjusting it and still nothing. But then again I've only pushed it to 180 psi since its a 175 psi compressor maybe the gauge is wrong? Just scares the hell out of me thinking about going any higher on it. And the longer cord I can finally move my welder around to any spot in the garage, side yard, and down my driveway to the street.

So with nothing planned for the weekend ended up working on my cab, I've never done any type of body work or sheet metal work ever and taught myself to weld so don't judge my hackery to harshly. And guess yesterday I didn't get any pictures of it finished. The upper panel pissed me off I regret paneling over it should of filled the holes instead I have no idea why I didn't it's only like 6 or 7 holes and just created a bigger headache for myself. Also the drain hose for the cowl I'm re-routing to the toe board since originally it drips on to the fire wall.

Passenger side I did maybe 6 months ago paneled over the whole half. Huge pain in the ass to do it that way espically since I wanted the panel sunk in and not completly flush and smoothed out. Trying to shape to blend that radius is a huge pain. Ended up calling it quits before I burn thru the sheet metal with the grinder, then using some body filler to see If I can blend it. Didn't block or really sand it just wanted to get a idea and plan on wiring wheeling it all out, actually already started. And the paint I just needed something to cover the raw metal since the cab was going to be living on the side yard uncovered.

Then the upper panel I welded and again with the stupid radius. Guess that what really separates the pros from some butcher hackjob like myself lol

I'll take a picture of it currently when I get home from work I ended up with another panel over the top to try to smooth it out completely and it fixed everything except for the top edge. Either I say screw it and just go with it and use some filler like the passenger side panel since the entire firewall needs a skim coat anyways or I'm going to cut that entire section out and replace it so its completely flat.

But everything is done on the firewall all the pin holes welded up and ground out and I'm happy with everything minus that stupid upper panel. Toe board should go pretty fast then wire wheel the entire firewall.
rtinniste is offline   Reply With Quote