View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #27
68is4me

Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
Brandon

I called and spoke to you directly. I asked for torque specs for the cross shaft nuts. You stated to me that Nathan was busy welding and you needed to speak to him and would call me back in 5 minutes with that information. I never rec'd that call. I eventually found a thread on this board where Nathan said that the nut should bottom out the crush sleeve bushing then go an additional 1/4 turn. That's what I did.

As far as the zerks, it wasn't the zerk fitting being undersize, the hole itself was oversize. As a machinist for over 25 years, it was fairly easy for me to spot the issue. Guys not familiar with metal working and proper tap drills may not realize the issue.

Not meant as a bash by any means. Some of the nicest components I've ever purchased and just wanted to point out my experience. A set of instructions on the control arm kit would go a long way to help explain some of the small things that pop up. Hope my input helps you guys improve your processes and products.
x2, Sounds exactly like I had written it. I was contacting you mostly through emails. I also asked for torque specs and I was emailed a basic copy of the instructions which wasn't much. I did what Willie did and found the info on this site.

I am not trying to give PB a bad name the products are outstanding, but they are lacking a bit in customer support. Including a good set of instructions would help a lot.

Sorry to the OP, for getting off track. Did you find all the parts within your budget?
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote