View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #32
OrrieG

Re: Post pics of your 47-59 Chevy trucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK56 View Post
Hello from Alaska, I picked up this 56 original 1/2 ton Napco 4X4 a few months ago. I'm getting ready to take it down to the frame and upgrade a few things and get it painted. Picking a color is driving me crazy. What's the etiquette for copying another dudes color? CAL58's prowler orange is awesome. And Im thinking about a green similar to 1sik52's. Its going to be tough. I will keep you all posted once I get started. (just had back surgery yesterday so it will be awhile) This is my first post and I want to thank you all for the inspiration and great information you so freely pass on in a positive fun manner.
Welcome. That truck appears to be in extraordinary shape for being in Alaska. I was in Anchorage a couple of years ago and seemed like every vehicle more that 3-4 years old that was used during the winter was visibly rusting out. As to copying colors I have no problem with it, Cal and 1sik52 probably got their inspiriation from cars or trucks they saw, I can think back to the 60's & 70's when the red-orange and green metalics were popular (look a the factory colors). It is your truck do what you wish with it.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote