View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 PM   #1
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

81-87 reproduction brake lines

who has good luck with a company and do you have a picture of it installed?

I gave one company a try, been mentioned on here a few times, and I think its a dud...
2 flares had shards from the flaring process on the inverted seat
Driver side frame to valve (short line) was about 1/2 inch too short to reach the prop valve absolutely no way to make it fit as it would be easier to just re do the line
Passenger side frame to valve the bend at the valve was too long and cant even get a razor blade between the line and the line - fix would be to cut the flare off, minimal waste as possible and reflare... one shot kind of deal
Both master to valve lines junk, fit nice at the valve to frame clamp, one is too short to make it look anywhere near factory, and the other curly tiwst was in the wrong spot and doesn't fit well at all if it were to be installed into the master.

aftermarket will never be as good as O.E... close is good enough, but just looking for recommendation v.s making something as aggravating as these line by hand (with bender and flare tools)
thanks
clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote