View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #7
jojo-munson

Re: Greenie the 72 C20

Finally got her running! She has a nice deep rumble to her. Running without a choke doesn't seem to matter much right now, nice and hot outside. After I got everything together it was loud as hell and had about zero power going uphill. I tried messing with the timing a crapton to fix it. Until I finally realized I needed to get a vacuum gauge to accurately diagnose anything. The gauge jumped super fast between zero and 15. Which means I had done a real junk job of adjusting my valves. The method I used was getting to top dead center and doing half, then rotating to the opposite TDC, and doing the other half. While this method got the engine going, it wasn't good enough. So today I did it the hard way, rotating the engine by quarters and adjusting each valve individually. Purrs like a tiger now! Well, when I rev it a bit at least haha. Only issue now is that I'm only getting about 12 for vacuum. But I'm thinking it may be the old quadrajet, since ive checked everything else for leaks and replaced all the rubber lines.
jojo-munson is offline   Reply With Quote