View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:38 PM   #50
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA

Re: The bad news continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoocruiser View Post
I looked at your build thread to get some kind of idea of what you are working with. It looks like you are no-where near a tip-over point yet.
I am taking this journey one step at a time and am not on any time schedule. My "tip-over point" will come someday, and until then I will continue to restore this rare truck at whatever pace that I am able.
My son and I are preparing to assemble the newer front clip to be installed, possibly within the next month and we have been preparing the fenders and hood. We even have a more solid radiator core support that has the lights installed, solid doors, and a front grill. Then later comes the cab body work.
When I bought this truck, absolutely nothing on it worked, and by that I mean not even a single light bulb. People that I know (including the tow truck driver who brought it to my home) were telling me about how I "had a lot of work to do" or how I "had a long way to go". Now, several months later it runs and moves under its own power, has a great gauge pod, has better wheels, is registered and insured, and will soon have brand new brakes/tires. So I am light years ahead of where I was when I bought it, regardless of how much time I have left to complete this restoration.
I am the kind of person who takes his journeys with a single step at a time, and I enjoy relishing every single step. I do not look into the future with a idea of how far I still have to go, but instead I consider all of the fun that I am going to have while taking that journey.
PROJECT JIGSAW 1967 GMC C3500
GREAT WHITE 1986 Blazer M1009

Last edited by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA; 02-12-2019 at 06:32 PM.
HIGHWAY BY THE SEA is offline   Reply With Quote