View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 08:56 PM   #64
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

I started fitting my core support, inner fenders and driver side fender. I was having trouble getting the inner fenders to mount to the core support and be lined up with the cab, then noticed that the EZ Chassis Swap mounts had my cab leaning down in the front. I asked a guy to get me some measurements on a stock frame for the body mount height difference in the front and rear mounts. With his measurements, I figured out that I needed to add 1/2" shims at the front mounts, then everything started lining up and looking right. I trimmed the driver inner fender to clear the steering box, and I'll shape it nice when I take the front clip back apart for blasting and priming. Also, the EZ Chassis mounts for the core support was a good fit for the passenger side, but I had to rework the driver side mount quite a bit, and rework the driver side of the core support to get everything bolted on. I messaged Ed at EZ Chassis Swaps to ask about the core support mounts not clearing the steering box, and he knew about it and said I'd have to modify everything to work on the 55-57 trucks. He never mentioned anything like that when I ordered the cab and core support mounts from him. I'd think that if the mounts weren't correct, they'd be revised before they are sold as being right. If I was to do this again, I'd make my own mounts. The EZ mounts are really pricey, especially when they don't fit right anyway. It's nice to start seeing what the truck is going to look like now. It'll come up 3 or 4 inches with wheels and tires... Going to be a big boy.
Attached Images